- £35,000 to £40,000 per year
The aim of the home is to provide a safe haven in which young people can learn appropriate life skills and behaviour, which will benefit them throughout their future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protect the young people from threats to health, welfare and normal development inside and outside of the home environment.
- Ensure home environment is appropriate and sensitive to needs of the young people looked after.
- Manage the home through procedures, policies and activities engaged in to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for the young person they are responsible for.
- Ensure staff dealing with complex cases are given support and advice.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with external agencies.
- To assist in the management and operation of budget and petty cash within guidelines. To assist in the homes budgeting estimates.
- Provide leadership and guidance to assist in the development of staff. To have responsibility in the deployment and management of staff on a day-to-day basis
- To be involved in the monitoring, appraisal and disciplining of staff as necessary
- QCF Level 5 in Leadership & Management or working towards
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a Care Leavers service
- Sound knowledge of governing legislation, procedures and best practice in caring for looked after children (Ofsted regulations)
- Driving Licence
Interested in this role? Apply now or call 0121 368 0900.