- £13.00-£14.50 per hour
The organisation currently run a number of Semi Independent homes for young people aged 16-21. They will shortly be opening their first Residential Care Home for children aged 8-18 with EBD. The new service is based in Halesowen. We are looking to recruit a Senior Residential Support Worker to join this new home.
The position is full time and the pay rate will be dependent on qualification and experience. You will work 2 long days, 7am to 10pm with sleep ins, followed by 4 days off.
The Senior Residential Support Worker role involves:
- To maintain a high quality of care and support which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and cultural needs of the children and young people.
- Establishing positive relationships with the young people and always offering them unconditional and positive regard
- Keeping accurate records and providing written reports on young people for planning meetings, reviews, or any other meetings, as directed by the line manager
- Actively contributing to the development of the team and supporting RSW’s to develop within their role
- Being aware of childcare plans for all young people and providing support for colleagues by maintaining consistency in the execution of those plans
- Attending and contributing to regular supervision sessions in line with the national minimum standards
- Conducting monthly supervisions with your team
In order to apply, you will need:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a residential setting with children and young people, one of which must be in a supervisory role.
- A full UK Driving Licence
- An NVQ Level 3 or 4 in Children and Young People
- Working towards or willing to complete an NVQ Level 5 Qualification.
Interested in this role? Apply now or call 0121 368 0900.