- £28,000 per year
The service will accommodate up to 3 young people aged 8-18 with EBD. This is a full time position and the shift pattern involves working 1 long day (including sleep in shifts), followed by 2 days off. The aim of the home is to provide a safe haven in which children and young people can learn appropriate life skills and behaviour, which will benefit them throughout their future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protect children and young people from threats to health, welfare and normal development inside and outside of the home environment.
- Ensure home environment is appropriate and sensitive to needs of children and young people looked after
- Ensuring key stages in the stay of the child or young person such as admissions, discharge transfers are properly managed and recorded.
- Ensure staff dealing with complex cases are given support and advice.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with social workers, teaching staff and other professionals from associated agencies.
- Provide leadership and guidance to assist in the development of staff.
- To be involved in the monitoring, appraisal and disciplining of staff as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A QCF level 5 in Leadership & Management or working towards this
- A QCF Level 3 for the Children and Young People’s workforce
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a children’s residential setting, with 1 year in a supervisory position.
- Sound knowledge of governing legislation, procedures and best practice in caring for looked after children
- Driving licence
Interested in this role? Apply now or call 0121 368 0900.