- £28,000.00-£29,600.00 per year
The organisation currently run a number of Semi Independent homes for young people aged 16-21. They will shortly be opening their first Residential Care Home for children aged 8-18 with EBD. The new service is based in Halesowen. We are looking to recruit Residential Support Workers to join this new home.
The position is full time and the pay rate will be dependent on qualification and experience. You will work 2 long days, 7am to 10pm with sleep ins, followed by 4 days off.
The Residential Support Worker role involves:
- Using life skills, you will assist with the care of our children and young people, including practical aspects such as cooking and cleaning.
- Take part in a range of interesting recreational events, including holidays where appropriate.
- You will create positive relationships with the children, meeting their needs and safeguarding them at all times.
- Consistency and organisation skills are key. You will create timetables, setting boundaries and expectations for the young people.
- You will meet a variety of children and young people, some of whom may require high levels of supervision and support.
In order to apply, you will need:
- To be a Residential Support Worker with our client, you will have experience in working with children and young people on your CV. Whilst the role has its challenges, the results you will see from the children you work with are incomparable.
- In order to be successful in your application you will be subject to a rigorous safer recruitment process, subject to references and enhanced DBS check. As a member of staff, you must adhere to a strict code of conduct regarding your behaviour at all times.
- An NVQ Level 3 or 4 in Children and Young People
Interested in this role? Apply now or call 0121 368 0900.